5. You can have all the expensive brand-name ingredients you think you need to make a great meal, but at the end of the day, what it all comes down to is taste.
4. Whether it's SPAM and rice or Crème brûlée of foie gras with Tonga beans - passion, effort, care, pride and quality will shine through any dish.
3. Just because you went to culinary school doesn't mean that you can out-cook the little old lady down the street.
2. No one likes eating the same stuff over and over and over again. Give them some new flavor.
1. The proof is in the pudding.