Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Scare

Sunday morning was one of those calm, quiet Sundays. I was sitting on the front porch, enjoying a little quiet time, sipping my coffee and just lost in thought. When all of a sudden, out from nowhere, I hear a thick, fast WHOOSH inches from my right ear. Startled, my reflexes kicked in, my body jumped and I quickly ducked and turned my head away. You know...one of those times. I swear, my heart went from 0 to 60 in just a second.

As I collected my bearings I turned to look at what I expected to be a flying beetle, a bee, etc. but instead found a little hummingbird floating and staring at me. After a couple of seconds of exchanging stares, the little thing just took off to inspect some nearby flowers. After the quietness settled back in I couldn't stop laughing at myself.

I guess sometimes, some things aren't as bad as we make them out to be.