Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Nagoya Airport Fun! Arigato Gozaimasu!

Taking a break from more of my Italy journey, I just wanted to give you a glimpse of the scope of entertainment Japan invested into their travel industry at the Nagoya Intl. airport. I was back in Japan last week.

Traveling by myself this time, I was able to venture off and explore the nooks of the airport and this is just some of what I've found:

A trumpet playing humanoid robot, entertainment for kids complete with live characters and jumbotron, the Skydeck (an observation deck to view near 360 degrees of planes taking off, landing, etc.), a mini Segway scooter track, countless shops, eateries, restaurants of international cuisine, relaxation spas and three hotels connected to the airport with a hub for trains and speedboats.

Not to mention, the airport actually sits on a man-made island in the ocean.

By the way, it is by far the cleanest airport I've been to. And I've been to a lot.